Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Excellent effort in scrimmage tonight

The trip over to Lancaster was exactly what I was hoping for. We had a chance to travel together to a match, play competitively against another opponent, and shake off the nerves of playing against another school.

I am extremely proud of all the girls tonight. I thought that our doubles play was good and could be great as the season rolls on. I will continue to pair up our strongest doubles teams in matches as I think those lines will be crucial for us this year.

As for our singles lines that lost, I think all the girls understand why and how they can improve. I am really excited to get back to practice next week to iron out the kinks.

Remember, this scrimmage as well as Myers Park next week were scheduled not for the expectation of wins. They are to put us against top competition that will show us where we are and where we need to go. If you were successful tonight, enjoy it & congratulations. If you came up short, learn from it and have a quick memory to forget the defeat.

Go Trojans!

No comments: